Technical Assistance for the 2011 Round of F2F HIC Applications
An estimated $1,148,400 to support Family-to-Family Health Information Centers in the states of AK, AL, AR, IA, ID, KY, NM, OH, SC, WA, WV and WY was announced in the fall of 2011 and proposals were due 12/16/2011. The NCFPP provided a variety of assistance to help applicants develop their proposal.
Description of F2F HICs
Grants will be awarded to fund State-wide, family-staffed/run F2F HICs that will provide information, education, technical assistance and peer support to families of CSHCN and adhere to the law's requirements. The Centers will be responsible for developing partnerships with those organizations serving these children and their families, including State Title V programs, other parent/family led organizations and patient navigator programs in their State. They will also help monitor the progress of programs with responsibility for payment and direct services of this population through a statewide data collection system. Click here to learn more about the work of F2F HICs.
- Grant Guidance
- 11/07/2011 MCHB Teleconference call (11/07/2011) for Prospective Applicants
- Tips on Developing and Writing a Successful Proposal:
- Tips to Help You Develop Your Evaluation Component:
- Impact Protocol and Instructions (required of existing F2F HICs)
- Developing a Logic Model:
- Developing Logic Models and Outcome Measures: A powerpoint from Christine Hager, Ph.D., Former Evaluation Officer, Office of Data and Program Development and Diana Denboba, Branch Chief, MCHB that explains the purpose of a logic model and how to define the various elements
- Online Tools: Logic Model, Evaluation, Organizational Assessment, etc. from Innovation Network: Innovation Network is a nonprofit organization working to share planning and evaluation tools and know-how. This site requires registration for yourself and your organization, but no fee is involved. Their online tools are fairly sophisticated but have the advantage of 'walking you through' the actual creation of a logic model or evaluation plan. Visit their Point K Learning Center.
- Other Helpful Information:
- Resources on Organizational Development:
- Organizational Assessment:Organizational Assessment Tool from Innovation Networks
- Establishing a NonProfit: Establishing A Nonprofit Organization
- Working with Title V: Resources to help you build collaborative relationships with your state Title V Program
- Needs Assessment Resources