As a Friend of the National Disability Navigator Resource Collaborative (NDNRC), the NCFPP disseminates materials related to ACA enrollment and disability coverage to networks of family leaders.
In the spring of 2014, Family Voices hosted a webinar that provided an overview of this new resource collaborative focused on providing disability information and support to navigators and other enrollment specialists as they assist consumers with enrollment through the Affordable Care Act insurance marketplaces. Download the presentation or view the webinar recording.
Resources available from the NDNRC include:
- Guidebook: Working with Consumers with Disabilities – a 46 downloadable resource to strengthen disability literacy among Navigators ; help Navigators identify and provide appropriate accommodations and support; and assist Navigators to correctly identify issues that are central to healthcare insurance eligibility
- Many Fact Sheets for Assisters, including:
- Comparing Health Plan’s Benefits and Coverage Summaries
- Getting and Using Health Plan Evidence of Coverage
- Using Health Plan Customer Service
- Rehabilitation and Habilitation Services and Devices
- Prescription Medication Benefits
- Supporting Collaborations between Navigators, Connectors and Assisters, and Local Disability and Affinity Organizations
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Parity
- Medically Frail Status as an Exemption to Receiving Medicaid Alternative Benefit Plan with Essential Health Benefits
- Streamlined Marketplace Application Process
- Medical Supplies Benefits