Family Voices of Illinois
/The Arc of IL F2F Center provides information directly to families and professionals via website, social media, toll-free multi-lingual telephone line, email and in person. In-depth training and technical assistance on health issues for CYSHCN is offered to family leaders and professionals. Emphasis is on supporting underserved families and sharing Affordable Care Act information. Enhanced data collection and analysis is also stressed. We continually develop new consumer education materials in English and Spanish. Activities/Methodology:
- Operating the current Family Voices of Illinois toll-free parent information line with staffing for more hours and accommodating more language and communication needs.
- Providing information and referral services to families and providers via telephone, email, social media, listservs, and webinars, as well as by U.S. Mail for those without computer access.
- Providing onsite regional training events to families around the state in collaboration with our project partners.
- Enhancing the ability of the family leaders in Illinois to share information with families of CSHCN about health issues and the Affordable Care through leadership training opportunities.
- Collaborating with The Family Support Network, an affiliate of The Arc of Illinois, to share information with families on public and private health insurance, The Affordable Care Act, healthcare resources and advocacy in their trainings throughout the state of Illinois.
- Collaborating with The Illinois Life Span Project, The Arc of Illinois’ information and referral service, to provide families, providers and advocates with health information.
Update on Health Care Reform Annual Conference
Each fall, Family Voices of Illinois holds an annual Update on Health Care Reform for CSHCN seminar featuring presentations by state agency representatives, advocates and family leaders. In this year’s seminar 104 individuals participated in workshops on Medicaid Reform, the Affordable Care Act for Special Populations, Private Health Insurance Marketplace, and Disability Advocacy. Scholarships and stipends were available for families and CEUs and CPDUs were provided for professionals. Feedback: “This seminar provided clarification on ACA implementation in Illinois especially route of access.” “This seminar wilI help me to navigate my child’s insurance coverage needs as well as understand more about their Medicaid coverage. I feel much more confident now. I know where to go AND folks to call if I have questions.”
Resources are shared by the F2FHICs to help families, other family leaders and partners. While you are welcome to adapt any of the materials for your organization, we ask that you include an acknowledgement of the author/source in your adaptations and that you let the original author know of your use of the materials. Copyrighted materials may not be reproduced or adapted without the express permission of the author.
This presentation by Faye Manaster (IL) was made at the 2012 F2F HICs Grantee Meeting and reviews the work of the IL F2F HIC in assisting families and targeting health equity.
El Departamento de Cuidado MÃ©dico y Servicios Familiares del Estado de Illinois, (HFS, por sus siglas en inglÃ©s) ha lanzado su Programa de Cuidado Integral. Este programa requiere que se inscriban los beneficiarios de 19 aÃ±os de edad o mayores que reciben Ingresos de Seguridad Suplementarios, (SSI, por sus siglas en inglÃ©s) y que residen en las zonas suburbanas de los condados Cook, DuPage, Kankakee, Kane, Lake y Will.
Las personas que tengan Medicaid y ademÃ¡s un seguro privado o Medicaid y ademÃ¡s Medicare, no son elegibles para este beneficio.Las personas para las cuales es un requisito inscribirse, deben elegir entre Aetna Better Health o IlliniCare como su organizaciÃ³n de manejo de cuidado mÃ©dico (OrganizaciÃ³n de Mantenimiento de Salud, o HMO, por sus siglas en inglÃ©s). Para poder ayudar a los consumidores y a sus familias a entender este cambio al seguro mÃ©dico de Medicaid y ayudarlos a estar informados para tomar decisiones, el personal de nuestro Centro de InformaciÃ³n de Salud Familia a Familia, ha preparado una â€œCaja de Herramientasâ€para la Defensa del Cuidado MÃ©dico manejado por Medicaid.