The NCFPP provides technical assistance to F2F HICs, other family leaders, families and professionals in the areas noted below. For specific areas of expertise, please refer to the NCFPP staff page.
Support and assistance for family-led organizations are provided through a regional peer support system. Two National Field Co-Coordinators (NFCs) oversee four Regional Field Coordinators (RFCs) who, along with NCFPP staff, conduct annual needs assessments, facilitate calls within their regions, and assist in providing individualized TA.
The TA needs of family-led organizations vary widely. In the project year 2011 – 2012, NCFPP will offer on-site TA opportunities for which states will be able to apply. The NCFPP can help to meet intensive TA needs of family organizations by brokering matches with family and professional experts, at the expense of the family-led organization.
The NCFPP links professionals and professional organizations with family leaders to partner on a variety of projects.
Publications and Resources
FV develops materials for families, family leaders, youth, and professionals on a wide variety of topics and encourages F2Fs to share materials and resources with each other. Most of these publications are available for download from the Tools & Resources section of this website, the Family Voices website or the Kids As Self Advocates (KASA) website; some are available in hardcopy.
- A FV National Conference is held bi-annually in DC for family leaders and professional partners.
- FV helps facilitate an annual F2F HIC MCHB Grantees meeting.
- Family Voices staff are available to present and/or participate, as well as to recommend other family leaders to participate, in state, regional, and national trainings, meetings, and conferences.
- KASA staff are available for trainings for youth and their adult allies.
- FV facilitates regular topical calls and webinars in key subject areas presented by experts and consultants, family leaders, youth and FV staff.
- FV assists with the facilitation of monthly MCHB Federal Project Officer calls.
- FV-Talk@yahoogroups.com, a listserv for FV members
- F2FHICgrantees@yahoogroups.com, a listserv for F2F grantees and Project Officers
- http://fvkasa.org/join.php, a listserv to share KASA news, resources, and opportunities to build youth leadership and connect with professionals in the states
- NCFPP web site contains resources, links, contact info, and more for F2F HICS and the public
- F2F Portal share information specific to grantees (password required)
- Family Leadership in the States pages provide information about Family Voices State Affiliate Organizations (SAOs) and Family-to-Family Health Information Centers.
- The National Kids As Self Advocates (KASA) website provides information and training for youth with disabilities, created by youth.
Tools for Family Organizations
- Database (FV-Solutions)- a MS Access file to track and report F2F data. Limited customization available.
- Database (Salesforce) - a customized database on the Salesforce platform to track and report F2F data
- Surveys- survey capability provided through surveymonkey.com. Assistance in survey design, coding, and reporting is available.
- Teleconferencing- reduced rates available through Intercall
E-Newsletters (available online or by subscription)
- Friday’s Child: monthly report of news and resources about CYSHCN
- Bright Futures Family Matters:news and resources on health and wellness for all children, including CYSHCN; published six times/year
- KASA E-news: monthly collection of opportunities, information, training and resources of interest to youth with disabilities and their allies as well as the latest on KASA activities.
Resources for F2F grantees:
Contact Grants.gov: (800) 518-4726, M-F, 7 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. EST or firstname.lastname@example.org to get help with tracking your grant.
- HRSA Call Center
Contact HRSA Call Center: (1) 877-464-4772, M-F, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. EST, or CallCenter@HRSA.GOV to get help with your grant reporting through the Electronic Handbook System (EHB).